" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Sunday, 1 February 2015

what would I miss most .......



 
What would I miss most if I had to leave forever
the city in which I live ??

**************
I would miss many things roses - wines - beach-walking 
 chattering with friends in my favourite coffee shop

But the thing I would miss most of all would be our wonderful morning light
especially along the never-ending coastline with miles of sandy beaches and hidden marinas
where yachts of  all descriptions can nestle-in, safely protected from the elements.

I like to go very early when the only sounds I hear are boat lines creaking
and ropes clanging against sun-tipped masts
and I can capture -  the breaking of a new-day.

If I had to leave my city ...... I would really miss that.







to see what other bloggers would miss
if they had to leave their city
visit

27 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You made that sound so wonderful I could almost hear the early morning sounds myself there Dianne :)

Mari said...

I think if I lived in this city, I'd miss the same. It's a very beautiful place. Those boats, the lights and the water. Very beautiful!

William Kendall said...

Such pretty views, Dianne!

Karl Demetz said...

Great photo with a wonderful light, wow !

from Madrid said...

Needless to say you are very romantic.

Tomás.

Stephanie said...

You are certainly right about the morning light, so beautiful.

Julie said...

Your description is a sound picture of your image, Dianne. really lovely ...

Felicia said...

you are right. beautiful light.

Jim said...

A beautiful shot.

Jack said...

Over time you have posted so many lovely photos of the boat-filled harbor in gorgeous light, so it is no surprise that this made it to the top of your list. Lovely!

Jack said...

Over time you have posted so many lovely photos of the boat-filled harbor in gorgeous light, so it is no surprise that this made it to the top of your list. Lovely!

Vagabonde said...

What beautiful photos – the colors are so soft and brilliant at the same time. I can understand why you would not want to leave your city. I left mine years ago and I still miss everything about it.

EG CameraGirl said...

Very beautiful light for sure!

Kays Kids said...

I just love your work so much. It puts a beautiful light on our city and surrounds.

Valladolid Daily Photo said...

Love your choice for the theme day. Well done!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Your words in this post are so beautiful. And the images are like the visual music to match the words. Delightful.

Joan Elizabeth said...

Oh yes, I a not surprised at your choice, you photograph these lovely sights so often.

Gunn said...

Looks pretty!

Tahiti Daily Photo said...

Vraiment magnifique

cieldequimper said...

Well who wouldn't?!

wilf said...

Beautiful!

hamilton said...

Beautiful. The morning is lovely - if only it didn't come so early, though!

hamilton said...

that should read morning 'light'....

Joe said...

A perfect choice Dianne. Your early morning light photographs are always brilliant. Note to self .... wake up earlier.

Nathalie H.D. said...

I'd love to take that walk with you Dianne. Failing that, seeing your photos is second best. Thanks for that wonderful moment!

Liz said...

I think I'd miss the same after seeing your images.

Photo(Geo)grapher said...

Such nice views :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...