" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Wednesday, 18 November 2015

poetry in motion ......



~   Magazine Road Wetlands  - Gillman   ~
 
there's something magical about the way banded-stilts
walk amid the shallows
 
 

~   long red legs stepping silently seeking out tasty morsels 
and now and again -  a little posing for the photographer  ~
 
 
Banded Stilts are endemic to Australia and quite unique
they nest colonially - lay white eggs - have white downy chicks
and put their young into crèches - how very modern !!
 
 
 
 
 
linking with
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

William Kendall said...

What a pretty bird!

mick said...

Great photos. They are beautiful birds and I like seeing them fly as well. Those long red legs trail out behind them. However, they look like Black-winged Stilts to me. re ID for all the summer migrants - I started with shorebirds and sort of finished there as well! I get lost with the bush birds except for the ones that come into my yard!

Dianne said...

Mick:- yes you could be right - I know we had a whole lot of Banded Stilts flew in from Lake Eyre / Torrens a few weeks ago and just presumed these were the Banded. I love birding but I'm not good at identifying.

diane b said...

Clever birds! I'm not sure that I have seen one.

Margaret Adamson said...

Such a beautiful elegant bird

Joe said...

Ft hey are forward thinkers these birds Dianne.

Fun60 said...

I like their style.

Marie C said...

Just beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful bird.

Christian Weiß said...

A fantastic bird.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...