" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Really ......



 
It has been cold and wet in my corner of the world
and so I have spent time sorting through travel pics
and when the need arises  - delete delete and delete
Why do I find it so difficult to click the Delete button??
 
***********
 
This pic was taken along Rue Montorgueil in Paris last year
and I had to smile at the expression on the faces of both
flower buyer and flower seller 
Monsieur has obviously spent too much on Le Hot-Dog
and has not enough coinage to pay for the flowers.
Madame Fleurist is looking on with a bemused  expression.
Not enough for flowers? 
 Really!!
 
 
 
 
linking with
 

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great portrait of street photography.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The flowers look so much more appealing Dianne :)

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

It looks to me as though his phone has just disappeared!

Joe said...

Isn't it amazing how a picture can invoke a thought and that thought becomes a story. I think the next paragraph tells how Monsieur thought of his wife waiting at home so he dashed back to the car, found just the required change in the dim recesses of his glove box, returned and purchased the flowers.

Dianne said...

Ah! wouldn't that be lovely Joe. A nice ending for Monsieur, his wife waiting at home and of course a little profit for the flower seller. Just perfect!

eileeninmd said...

Great capture, I hope he found enough money to pay for the flowers. Enjoy your day!

diane b said...

Good story, good emotion. Deleting is hard , I agree.

Jackie Mc Guinness said...

I really like this shot! I bought myself flowers yesterday,
I have become an expert deleter!

William Kendall said...

A very good slice of life shot!

Photo Cache said...

Perfectly timed capture of a slice of life. Great job.

Worth a Thousand Words

Gemma Wiseman said...

Interesting expressions on these two faces. Yes. I too find that winter time is a good time to check the photo archives. And then I either use an archive photo relative to the season or delete some (maybe).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...