" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Monday, 8 September 2014

Tea Rose with Violettes .........


 
~   Baronne Henriette-de-Snoy   ~
 
 
not far from home .... past the pretty nursery and round the next bend
there's an old rustic ruin.  I pass there often and note the
aged timber sills with their rusty nail heads ... perfect for still-life photography
and so yesterday I stopped awhile
I hope you like it
 
 

 
"Tis my faith that every flower
enjoys the air it breathes"
                                                                           ~ William Wordsworth"  written in early Spring 
 
 
 
To see what others have found
in their corner of the world
take a visit to
 

16 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

That first photo is an unusual composition, but it works - my goodness, how it works! Fantastic stuff.

diane b said...

Love the texture in the background. John is right. Lovely shot.

Kays Kids said...

Just gorgeous. A lovely composition.

Stephanie said...

A pretty composition.

Taken For Granted said...

Fine still life with roses. Like the colors here.

Sylvia K said...

Exquisite captures, Dianne, and like the others, I do love your composition!! Have a great week!!

carol l mckenna said...

Very creative composition and beautiful, elegant photography for OWT ~

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

carol l mckenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carol l mckenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jack said...

It is delicate and sensitive, Dianne. Were they there, or did you create the composition?

Dianne said...

Jack:- I took the roses with me ... slightly wilted and well past their best .... I just laid them on the sill with a few violets that were growing at the edge of the road-side and clickedy clicked.

mick said...

Beautiful flowers and I imagine the perfume was lovely. I like the grain in the old piece of timber.

Fun60 said...

That is a beautiful still life Dianne just perfect for sharing.

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

A perfect combination Dianne.
I've made a note of the rose - and I have a large bed of those violets in my garden.
Love those rusty nails too!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Oh yes, these blooms are a perfect accompaniament for a rustic ruin.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Yes, I definitely like the blooms and your capture of them. :-)
Take 25 to Hollister

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...