" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Monday, 10 March 2014

A Walk On The Wild Side .......


looking south towards the city and festival theatre centre
 
I captioned this post "A Walk On The Wild Side" because
after years of controversy, planning, building and yes A$40- million
Adelaide's Riverbank Footbridge is finally open
to pedestrians and cyclists
 

looking north towards the new Adelaide Oval Complex
 
I would have to say I am very impressed.
The sides are encased in glass panels which give an
almost uninterrupted view of the River Torrens and it's surrounds
So I guess after much grumbling -  I'll have to eat my words and say 
 I like it !!
 
 
Linking with

12 comments:

Joe said...

It certainly looks like a very wide thoroughfare Dianne. I felt the same about Federation Square. Didn't like it when they were building but I must admit it is a great success. Cheers J.

Kays Kids said...

Next question will it be wide enough for all the foot traffic after the foot ball.
Thanks for the photo.
Hugs Kay

Stephanie said...

Hope it works out in being wide enough. Great shots.

Carver said...

I think pedestrian bridges can be so great to have. This looks like a beautiful one.

Sylvia K said...

It does sound as though it was worth waiting for!! I, too, think pedestrian bridges can be great!!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Good. It sounds like it all worked out well. I love pedestrian paths and bridges and seems like they'd be especially welcome in a big city.

EG CameraGirl said...

Although it was a long wait, it looks very people friendly.

Fun60 said...

Hope the mixing of cyclists with pedestrians works out well.

carol l mckenna said...

How lovely to have this bridge ~ Great shots for OWT ~ thanks, xxx

artmusedog and carol

eileeninmd said...

It sounds like an expansive footbridge. I hope everyone can enjoy it! Have a happy week!

Pauline said...

Looks great to me and I'm glad you like it. It will probably present you with a lot of photo opportunities in the future.

ladyfi said...

Lovely compositions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...