" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Sunday, 7 April 2013

A Glimpse of Bonython Hall through the Myrtles .........



Bonython Hall   North Terrace  ~

This pic was taken a few weeks ago when crepe myrtle was in full bloom.

Bonython Hall forms part of the University of Adelaide's main campus
 and is generally referred to as "The Great Hall"
 the perfect venue for University's graduation ceremonies.

I know I've shown you pics of this beautiful old Heritage-listed building before
but it's about my favourite area in the city and right next to my city bus-stop
last time it was framed by lilac jacarandas
this time it's sprays of deep pink myrtles.

 
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Arija said...

Nice. It is also great for free lunchtime concerts by students from the con.

Red Nomad OZ said...

Not sure where to look first - the beautiful stonework, or the marvellous sprays of flowers!!

River said...

How have I not seen this before?
Maybe I have, just not from this angle. it's a pretty image.

cieldequimper said...

Oh that is delightful!

Kays Kids said...

I love Bonython Hall. Beautiful architecture.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

This wonderful old uni is worth a visit each season Dianne, was the jacaranda shot taken in early summer?

Mina fotostunder said...

What a beautiful flowers!

jennyfreckles said...

A feast for the eyes, both the architecture and the blossoms.

Craig said...

It looks a bit like a church Diane, another in your city of churches. Stop talking about Jacaranda - I love them to death and now can't grow them due to my northerly location. I do miss their incredibly messy blooms in early summer.

Gert Jan Hermus said...

Beautiful!

Greetings from the Netherlands,
DzjieDzjee

LONDONLULU said...

It is a gorgeous spot indeed - just wonderful to see these blooming!

Joe said...

The Crepe Myrtle has put on a wonderful display for you Dianne. We have a couple in our yard but they have never really taken off. Do you think the one in your photo would transplant? (chuckle, just kidding).

darlin said...

Wow, this is so beautiful. I love seeing flowers, especially right now with this never ending winter and here it's supposed to be spring where I live. :-(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...