" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Thursday, 7 March 2013

Turner From The Tate ......





Adelaide is fortunate to have on display for a short time
a series of JMW Turner's beautiful landscape paintings
on loan fron The Tate Gallery in London.
....................................
I visited  Sunday afternoon when a string quartet was
playing in the foyer which added to the ambiance of the occasion
and would have to say I found the exhibition enthralling
especially Turners paintings of Venice ... he got Light and Shade just right.



Nearing the end of a guided tour
I ventured to ask the question - is photography allowed?
and was amazed to be told  YES!!
if only I'd known that at the start of the tour.




These bottom two pics are just very minute area's
within a very large painting entitled
"San Benedetto View of Fusina"

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

jennyfreckles said...

Such a treat - wonderful paintings. I'm not sure they'd allow photos in galleries over here!

Fun60 said...

They are wonderful paintings. I love Turner. I am surprised about the photos but I suppose as long as flash isn't used it can't harm the paintings.

diane b said...

I hope it comes to Brisbane. I like Turner's work too.
Love the angle on your first shot.

Joe said...

A fabulous series Dianne. How wonderful that photographs were allowed. I often feel jilted after paying the entrance fee for an exhibition and photos are not allowed. I remember being amazed in New York when we entered a museum full of Monet paintings to discover that there were no protective barriers and we were allowed to take photos without flash. It was great.

Cezar and Léia said...

It's great that you have the opportunity to take these images of the paintings and thanks for sharing!
Wonderful exhibition!
Léia

Carole M. said...

a lovely outing and gosh I'm really amazed photographs were allowed also. They are generally so very strict and wanting to preserve the integrity of the art on display, 'flashes fade' etc..

PerthDailyPhoto said...

How nice Dianne, a string quartet too, fab. It's always a surprise to find out that taking photos is allowed, there's just so many places you can't these days!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...