" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Thursday, 15 November 2012

Street Flowers .....



This is my goodbye post from Paris for a while
as tomorrow I will return to my "Adelaide and Beyond" theme of
 posting pics from my city of Adelaide and it's surrounds.
I will continue to post my holiday pics onto the
"All Things French" site




Florists abound on every street corner with buckets
of beautiful blooms literally spilling out onto the pavement.
I guess most Parisians live in small upstair appartments or studios
and don't have the luxury of outdoor gardens
so they compensate by buying big bunches of fragrant blooms




These pics were taken at my favourite Parisian Fleuriste
"Au Nome de la Rose"
a little shop in the St Paul area wholly dedicated to roses
when you walk inside  you think you've died and gone to heaven!!

Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Red Nomad OZ said...

Never mind ... just think of the Central Markets, Adelaide Hills and Barossa ...!!!

Mark said...

Looks like you have had a great holiday. Welcome back Dianne.

Stephanie said...

Those roses are exquisite! Will make a note on that site.

LONDONLULU said...

It looks like you had a wonderful holiday - exquisite color on those roses, welcome back and hope you had a chance to rest!

Jim said...

Beautiful street shots.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Pieces of Sunshine said...

They look simply wonderful! Quite a treat to see on the street, even nicer to take some home with you too.

ladyfi said...

The smell must be heavenly! Just gorgeous.

diane b said...

Mmmmmm I wish we had smell attached to posting so I could savour the fragrance. They are beautiful roses.

Valerie said...

Even in buckets, roses remain a delight to the senses - exquisite!

Leon and Sue Sims said...

Are you having a good time - silly question, of course you are.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I can just imagine Dianne, how wonderful to find a florist who only sells my very favourite flower, I can see why it's your favourite. Gorgeous images.

Joe said...

So very colourful. Have a safe trip home.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

There are many of these boutiques in Paris and my first one was just around the corner from our hotel on our first visit to Paris.

I hope that we were not in Paris at the same time (October) and we missed each other!!

Bises,
Genie

Malyss said...

Quels jolis bouquets! C'est riche, la vie à Paris, un jour des roses, un autre jour Bruce Willis! Woaw!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...