" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Monday, 27 August 2012

"Capture the Colour" .......



~  Yellow  ~
captured on a golden evening while on holiday with my family
at Caromb in the south of France

Thank you to Grace over at Perth daily Photo for inviting me to
enter the Travel Supermarket's - Capture the Colour contest
Each entry posts five photographs featuring the colors red, blue, yellow, green and white.
I hope you like my choices

~  White  ~

Victoriana Amazonica just about to open in
our Adelaide Botanic Gardens


~  Blue  ~

Sitting on the fence -  a shot I couldn't resist
taken on the edge of the shark proof pool
in Boston Bay Port Lincoln

~  Green  ~

Cliffs of Moher

Now I know I'm most probably breaking all the rules but I couldn't
choose between these two captures taken on the far west coast
of Ireland where one of my sisters and myself were chasing around
trying to find our ancestors.
A sort of "Who Do You Think You Are" trip

West of Clifden in County Galway






~  Red  ~

raindrops on red peppercorns
just because it's Red!!

Linking with
Our World Tuesday
Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

Nadege, said...

Beautifully captured colors...such varied subjects too.

James Wei said...

This whole set is sooooo beautiful in deed!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

That top shot just screams South of France! I knew it even before I read the caption.

Joe said...

A beautiful selection Dianne. Love the choice for White. Your photographs of water lillies are always a winner.

River said...

That first picture has put an idea in my mind. The washing line area at the back of our flats is a bare expanse of bitumen, bins and two hills hoists right now. Maybe I can do something about that.......

Cezar and Léia said...

What a charming place for having lunch, the table is beautiful!
Wonderful images, thanks for sharing!
Léia

Halcyon said...

These are all so beautiful!

diane b said...

Good luck in the competition. Your photos are great. The water lily is stunning.

Juliana said...

I like all the pictures...
especially the last one...
drops on the berries are...wow!))))

Have a great week!
xoxo, Juliana
[pjhappies.blogspot.com]

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Every one a stunner Dianne! I can see the dilemma over the choice for green, both gorgeous. I just can't pick a one, they're all superb (although the last is divine!!)

Fun60 said...

Great choice of photos especially the ones taken in Ireland.

LONDONLULU said...

A stunning and beautiful series - I love those Ireland ones too - and would have a hard time if I were forced to pick a favourite :) Thanks for sharing these beauties!

Alan said...

I love that Clifden shot, Dianne. One of my favourite places to visit in my home country.

Valerie said...

A gorgeous collection Dianne - each capture has it's own unique appeal, but I particularly adore the shots taken in Ireland. Good luck with the competition.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely images and choices for your photo hunt! I love the bird with the open wings. And the shots of the Ireland are gorgeous. Ireland is on my bucket list of place to visit. Thanks for sharing, great post.

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Excellent photography ~ well done ~ Carol (A Creative Harbor)

Sylvia K said...

Such a terrific collection of gorgeous photos, Dianne! You definitely had a very successful photo hunt!! And each one does indeed have its own appeal! I, too, love the ones of Ireland! Thanks for sharing the fun and the beauty! Have a great week!

Emille said...

All your photos are beautiful, but the foggy cliffs are really intriguing to me!love the mood in each of your captures, Dianne!

ladyfi said...

Wow wow wow! Amazing shots.

Molly said...

These images are extraordinary. Best selection I have seen so far today.

Mollyxxx

Gary said...

Beautiful series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Carole M. said...

that first photograph looks soo inviting

Stephanie said...

Gorgeously shot photos! I love the first two shots.

snowwhite said...

Beautiful stream of colors!! I love your way to show us each color has each story.
Evening bathed in gold and yellow is approaching. The first photo is full of peace and happiness. What a cozy place!!
Lotus flower is my favorite. Your header is fabulous!
keiko

Jo said...

great selection...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...