" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Thursday, 12 July 2012

From The Street............




Contempory Artists have created art-works
in our city streets to coincide with the
Art Gallery of S.A's current Colonial exhibition.




This exhibit by James Dodd is simply titled "Bus Stop"
It certainly adds a splash of colour to our more subdued
North Terrace precinct.



Apparently there are more artworks like this scattered throught-out the city centre
it's just a matter of looking and finding ... they pop up in the most unexpected places
Well I've been looking high and low but to no avail.




Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Carole M. said...

certainly eye-catching promotional material; hope you can find more. Is there not a website with locations available?

Cezar and Léia said...

You have clever eyes, very interesting street art!And your pictures are wonderful!
Léia

diane b said...

jazzy bus stop. A good way for artists to express themselves. Is the grafitti part of the art?

biebkriebels said...

I like it, busstops are mostly rather dull, it lightens up this way.

Dianne said...

Carole M ... I've heard that the art gallery Facebook site gives clues each day as the exhibits move around the city.
Sounds too complicated to me ... Maybe I'll check it out.

Dianne said...

Diane b .... I'm not sure if the graffiti was part of the original design ... On reading some of it I would say very doubtful!

Jim said...

Great idea.

Ann said...

I was going to ask about the graffiit as well.

Stephanie said...

Great capture.

ladyfi said...

What lovely pieces of art! Well spotted.

cieldequimper said...

That's really nice, they could be permanent!

Fun60 said...

I like what they have done to the bus stop. Something to feast the eyes whilst waiting for that elusive bus.

Taken For Granted said...

That's a great bus stop. Keep looking, there must be more.

Joe said...

Wonderful. I'll hope it is a real conversation starter for commuters.

darlin said...

I love this type of artwork; it seems you find it in the most unexpected places, all of a sudden there it is! I found that down back lanes while I was in Adelaide, this is why I loved walking through them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...