" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Sunday, 24 June 2012

Dead Seed Pods & Weeds In Profusion ........




Winter in rural South Australia has a rustic beauty of it's own
dead seed pods and weeds in profusion
birds nests tucked in under buckled eaves
 rusty scrolled gates leading to  ...  who knows where?

These few pics were taken near Tanunda in the Barossa Valley
an area noted for its abundance of gourmet food .. top-notch wineries
and cottage B&B's nestled in amid the rolling hills

 


Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Carole M. said...

rustic image and I love the collage also

Cezar and Léia said...

Bonjour dear Dianne,
Tanunda looks to be "my kind of place" with wineries and good food!:)
I love your pictures and you prepared an artistic collage!
hugs
Léia

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It's just fascinating some of the extraordinary places birds will make their nests. I relate totally to the weeds Dianne, my back is about broken from gardening today, so very satisfying though!!

Stephanie said...

I love the rustic look of your collage.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

At the mention of Barossa Valley my mind went to the fabulous wine. How lovely to see some natural aspects through your collage.

Bises,
Genie

Jack said...

Tanunda seems like the place to be in your area. I hope I remember the name next time I am thinking about a trip to Oz.

Nadege, said...

Tanunda is always so full of treasures. Great collage.

Fun60 said...

A rustic charm all of its own.

Rae Walter said...

Wonderful captures for this beautiful area of SA Dianne. Especially love your top image.

Joe said...

It won't be long before everything starts to burst into life again. I have noticed the magnolias are getting ready to bloom.

Mark said...

Lovely winter scenes. we had our first frost here this morning. -10 on the tablelands, can't wait for Spring, like Joe says the Magnolias are starting to flower.

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Wonderful macro. Like a meditation.

Jim said...

Great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...