" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Brown River ... Green Banks ....



~ University Bridge over the River Torrens ~

Taking a stroll along the university section of our city's river
with fellow blogger Ann from "Sydney Meanderings"
Chatting about apertures and iso's - clarity and depth of field
and of course taking a few pics along the way




A few weeks ago our river was a lovely deep green
due to an unfortunate outbreak of algae
It has now almost returned to it's normal colour
not as good for photography but I'm sure a lot more
healthy for the river and it's wildlife.




This is my contribution to
"Watery Wednesday"
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Carole M. said...

a lovely get-together for you with a fellow-blogger and great to have that common link in photography. Your photos are so pristine, the environs so calming.

Jack said...

I like the bridge photo. Nicely framed.

Stephanie said...

I like the bridge photo too! You live in a beautiful area.

Sami said...

Haven´t come across that bridge. Will search for it next time I go to Adelaide.Is this behind Flinders Uni in North Terrace?

Kay L. Davies said...

Beautiful.
I'll talk to you about rivers any time, but I'm lost on camera talk. My dad, who wrote books about rivers, knew all about cameras, too. I'm sure you'd have liked one another!
K

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Lovely scenic pictures Dianne. I can feel like I'm there!

Duncan In Kuantan

Leon and Sue Sims said...

Much nicer still than the murky Yarra in Melbourne but a river thru a city adds life.
Leon

Valerie said...

That watery capture is so real I feel one could reach out and run one's hand through it!

Cezar and Léia said...

Gorgeous reflections in these pictures.The bridge is awesome!
Léia

diane b said...

It must have been fun meeting Ann and discussing cameras. The best way to learn stuff.

NixBlog said...

Nice shots. Algae can be such a nuisance on our waterways...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...