" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Friday, 4 November 2011

A Right Royal View.................




No!  I haven't hopped on a Qantas jet and winged  across the world
These pics were taken on my last trip to London when I was fortunate enough
to pay a vist to Buckingham Palace on one of their Open Days.
The Palace gardens were an absolute delight and I could imagine
the Queen walking her corgis down by the lake.

......................................

Unfortunately she wasn't at home when I called
but I enjoyed tea and scones out on the rear terrace
remembering to hold my tea-cup with pinkie finger extended!!


.


It really is a tranquil haven
nestled right in the heart of London.

A happy week-end to you all!


For more reflection photos
click here to visit
James' Weekend Reflections
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Pierre BOYER said...

I particulary love the first picture. It looks marvelous....
Greetings from France,

Pierre

J Bar said...

Beautiful.

biebkriebels said...

Ah, this looks very special, so quiet an so beatuful. I can imagine you felt like a royal visiter.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

So nice to have a spot like this in the middle of the hustle and bustle. I say Dianne, you did jolly well to remember the 'pinky' pose what, what!! These images are splendid, the first one couldn't be more perfect in any way. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Life Ramblings said...

such a peaceful and beautiful setting. lovely shots and i love the reflections.

cieldequimper said...

Lived in London for 7 years and never even saw this splendour!

jennyfreckles said...

It's such an oasis in the middle of London - and you'd never guess it was there, hidden behind high walls. Good job you didn't get a Quantas jet though....! Sounds like trouble at the moment.

Jack said...

Beautiful, Dianne. Weren't you lucky to be there when it was open. I would have enjoyed a tour.

Valerie said...

Beautiful scenes Dianne, and what a memorable and privileged visit! Have a great weekend.

Sylvia K said...

Gorgeous captures and what a beautiful place! I would love to visit there. Fantastic watery reflections and colors! Thanks for sharing the beauty! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Sylvia

Firas said...

Great shots of the royal nature!

Joe said...

Do you think it would be nice being born into this. I could sure carve me out a picnic spot on that lawn.

Joan Elizabeth said...

I reminded me of Monet's garden.

Dianne said...

lush and green and a true delight!
I used to travel to London for work all the time and my office overlooked the gardens, I could stare out at them for hours

EG Wow said...

It's hard to believe that such a gorgeous spot is in the middle of such a big city. Being a royal does have its advantages. :))

Self Sagacity said...

Fabulous scenery, it is as people say here a beautiful place

Gemma Wiseman said...

Wow! I didn't know that Buckingham Palace had an open day! And yes! The whole setting is so very magical and unexpected in an urban area!

Dianne said...

I am so pleased you all enjoyed your glimpse inside the wall at the palace.
Thank you for your visit.

JM said...

These are absolutely beautiful shots! I think I've never been there. Next time in London I will not miss this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...