" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Thursday, 22 September 2011

Tussie Mussies and Persimmons......



Persimmons all lined up in tidy rows.


I love nothing better than to head into the Organic market
 for a fossick around  amongst all that
insecticide- free produce.




Tussie Mussies - those little posies of edible cottage flowers and herbs
with their stems firmly packed in damp moss to keep them moist




Salad greens wrapped in hessian bagging
 packed with flavour and nutrients
and this is all before I mozzie on over to the
organic bread and cheese section.!


Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Mark said...

I have never heard of the term 'tussie mussie" great name. Persimmons I don't like but always lookout for them as we drive about the countryside, them and lemons are always the last survivors of long gone farmhouse gardens.

J Bar said...

Bursting with colour. Brilliant.

Julie said...

Me neither for 'tussie mussie'. Not sure they would be my cup a tea, I'm afraid!

I like persimmons but they must be so ripe as to be nearly melting.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

All three are gorgeous pictures full of healthy vibrancy Dianne but I love the 'Tussie Mussie's' and must confess I've never heard of them before, such pretty colours.

missing moments said...

Isn't remarkable all that color and healthy choices! Great shots!

Kay L. Davies said...

What a beautiful, colourful post, Dianne.
I've heard of tussie-mussies but had forgotten all about them. So lovely.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Rae Walter said...

Wonderful images Dianne bursting with vitality and life. No wonder you go to this organic market.

VP said...

I like the term tussie mussie, it is absolutely new to me... Great pictures of very appetizing subjects!

Jack said...

A colorful series today, Dianne. I was going to put your words into a translator program today until I realized it was English!

EG Wow said...

Mmmmm! Love all that beautiful organic food. Lovely tussie mussies too.

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

That first picture is a real beauty!

Duncan In Kuantan

Red Nomad OZ said...

Persimmons! LOVE 'em!! And I know the concept, but I've never heard the name 'tussie mussies'!! That's my learning done for the weekend ...

jennyfreckles said...

That must be an extremely upmarket market!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...