" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Wednesday, 28 September 2011

It was a pleasant cafe.........


"Cafe Cucina"  -  North Adelaide


I peeked throught the window half expecting to find Ernest Hemingway
sitting in a corner deep in thought - pen in hand
 crumpled notes beside him on the table
the sort of place one would have expected to find him in,
comfortable with a touch of - je ne sais quoi
and the smell of good coffee
pervading the air!!




"It was a pleasant cafe - warm and clean and friendly
I hung up my old waterproof on the coat rack to dry
and put my worn and weathered felt hat
on the rack above the bench and ordered a cafe au lait.
The waiter brought it and I took out a notebook
from the pocket of the coat and a pencil
and I started to write"

~ Ernest Hemingway ~


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Pierre BOYER said...

Gorgeous....

Pierre
http://pierre-boyer.blogspot.com

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Cafe Cucina looks like a wonderfully inspiring place Dianne, just your words 'the smell of coffee' made me get up and prepare the presse,In the top picture I like the way everything is so neatly lined up on the shelves, yes I can definitely see Earnest sitting in the corner..great post.

Red Nomad OZ said...

How could you NOT write surrounded by such atmosphere??!!

25BAR said...

This reminds me of Prague.

Jack said...

Beautiful! I would like it there. Your Hemingway words are a wonderful touch for today's post.

Milanblogger said...

a really warm and wonderful place,one italian espresso please!!!

Valerie said...

A wonderful collection Dianne, and I like the literary touch too!

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Lovely post Dianne!

Duncan In Kuantan

Mark said...

Dianne, great post. Thinking of driving to Adelaide and these shots convince me it would be worth it.

Sandra said...

this window so much appeals to me, it is beautiful. i have been scrolling through our photos and you are a very talented photographer. i have not seen any one i did not gawk at in awe when it came up.

jennyfreckles said...

Enjoyed this one very much - a wonderfully imaginative post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...