" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Friday, 18 March 2011

Once a thriving factory....



This derelict building is all that remains of the original
factory for the production of Newmans Horseradish sauce.
Once a hive of activity - with over 4000 jars a week of
red label Horseradish sauce, being produced
and packaged on these premises.



The flourishing company has now moved onto more spacious accommodation
 but I can only hope that the original building is never demolished
The colouring in the stone and the lovely
rustic patina on the doors and window surrounds
has a beauty that is irreplaceable.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Julie said...

Ooo ... I echo that totally, Dianne. You have done a splendid job of photographing the old factory. I love the door. What is it with doors??

Joe said...

Great Photos Diane. I particularly like the top one. The colors provide a hint of a history which flourished and the door a promise of what's inside. Congrats.

J Bar said...

Fantastic shots. I have similarly themed post today. An old factory that has been converted to residential and commercial.

Alan O'Riordan said...

Yep, that top photo is awesome..

Mark said...

Great shots Dianne I love old derelict buildings like this. Very interesting history as well. Do they still make Newmans Horseradish? Have a great weekend

Dianne said...

Mark:- Yes they still make the Newmans red label horseradish - it's in our shops here in SA but don't know about inter-state.

Gerald (Hyde DP) said...

Lovely old building - hope it finds a new use.

Momgateway said...

I love this photo and the history behind it...

sparrow said...

I would like to buy the building and turn it into a house. I wonder what it would cost?

Frisky Librarian said...

Fantastic! I can't resist taking a photo of an old door.

I hope the building survives too. I'm a big fan of 'faded glory'.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...