" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Friday, 4 February 2011

To Market ...To market....



If you're a foodie like I am, you will just love
the Adelaide Central Market
With over 80 stalls this is SA's most visited attraction


~Say Cheese~


A wealth of cheeses and todays tastings
a beautiful smooth Tasmanian brie
or a bitey blue from the Adelaide Hills


I loved the brie......



As usual it's always a dilemma which bread
San Francisco sourdough or cibatta loaf ??
I really must try something different next time,
expand my taste buds....




Any trip to the Central market is never complete without the
customary pit stop for a little sustenance & people watching
...............
Every-one has their favourite - I tend to gravitate to
"Lucia's" for cappuccino & a luscious persian macaron.
where-ever you stop you won't be disappointed
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

cara said...

Beautiful colours and a great variety.

diane b said...

It looks like it would challenge the Melbourne Markets. I wish we had a permanent one here. You love everything French i read on your profile. You would probably enjoy Julie's blogs, one she even writes in French and English. Here is the link:
http://parisien-flaneur.blogspot.com/

diane b said...

Doh ! I just see you have her link on your side bar. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Mark said...

Whats a persian macaroon? Oh how I wish we had something like this!!!

Dianne said...

Mark: Persian macarons are small soft biscuit/cakes, with a crunch on the first bite but soft in the centre -they are made with almond-meal, egg white and for flavour, hibiscus flowers soaked in persian rose tea. I know this sounds sickly sweet but in fact eaten with a good coffee you'll think you've died and gone to heaven

Leif Hagen said...

Scrumptious photos! I think I'm going to sell our house and move in across the street from that market!

sparrow said...

OK, I want to move to Adelaide after this delightful photo trip! Thanks for the lovely trip around town with my morning coffee!

Alan O'Riordan said...

Wow, my mouth is watering and I've just eaten! Plans to visit Adelaide next month were thwarted by the irresistible pull of Japan instead. Really hope to get there for a weekend before I leave Melbourne.

Kevin said...

Very inviting. Great post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...