" A photo is a return ticket to a moment in time"

Thursday, 10 February 2011

Meet me at the Pigs.......



Let me introduce you to "Truffles" one of four life size bronze pigs
who reside in our Rundle Mall.
Although , quite controversial when first commissioned by the City Council
people have now taken them to their hearts
they add character ~ they add that touch of
" Je ne sais quoi "

If I'm going to meet some-one in the city - I'll usually say
meet me at the pigs!!



Oh! to have your name embedded on a bronze plaque
right in the centre of town!
 That's impressive!


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Chuckeroon said...

Excellent. How could anyone complain? Tks for dropping in on RuT.

J Bar said...

Love the sculpture. Love the name.

Mark said...

When I visit Adelaide one day soon I am going to ask my friends (Rachel, Kurt and Kurt) to meet me at the pigs. :)

Kellie Collis said...

Sounds like a fabulous pig! Have a lovely weekend, Kellie xx

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

Have just come across your Adelaide blog ~ how fabulous!
Love the sweet bronze pig and it must be a neat sight seeing the four of them.
Truffles is such a great name too.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Titania said...

A beautiful bronze. I think the pigs deserve it. I love them they are such characters, very close to people.

Paul said...

All pigs should have names, I like bacon, but equally I want to see these animals treated as more than a production unit. It is a really nice statue with a great name too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...